Psalms Chapter 2
Psalms 2 opens with questions that are as relevant today as they were when King David recorded them 3,000 years ago:
“Why have nations gathered and [why do] kingdoms think vain things? Kings of a land stand up, and nobles take counsel together against YAHWEH and against His anointed?” History is repeating itself. Nations rise up to challenge ELOHIM himself, His divine plan, and His chosen land and chosen people. Of course, then – as today – “He Who dwells in Heaven laughs; YAHWEH mocks them.” Their conduct is no more than a childish joke in ELOHIM’s eyes. “But I have enthroned My king on Zion, My holy mount.” Neither propaganda nor rhetoric, neither wars nor United Nations resolutions, will strip Israel of its inherent value. ELOHIM has determined the course of history. The antagonistic actions of men will bear no fruits. As such, Psalms 2 begins with an important message: as dark as the circumstances and as numerous as Israel’s enemies, the divine plan will forever prevail. With that in mind, our faith is validated and our prayers reinforced. When we pray with Israel and for Israel we are aligning ourselves with divine intervention through His Land and on its behalf. May we be blessed to be amongst those who walk in line with ELOHIM’s directives, in faith, in action and in prayer.
1. Why have nations gathered and [why do] kingdoms think vain things?
2. Kings of a land stand up, and nobles take counsel together against YAHWEH and against His anointed?
3. “Let us break their bands and cast off their cords from us.”
4. He Who dwells in Heaven laughs; YAHWEH mocks them.
5. Then He speaks to them in His wrath; and He frightens them with His sore displeasure.
6. “But I have enthroned My king on Zion, My holy mount.”
7. I will tell of the decree; YAHWEH said to me, “You are My son; this day have I begotten you.
8. Request of Me, and I will make nations your inheritance, and the ends of the earth your possession.
9. You shall break them with an iron rod; like a potter’s vessel you shall shatter them.”
10. And now, [you] kings, be wise; be admonished, [you] judges of the earth.
11. Serve YAHWEH with fear, and rejoice with quaking.
12. Arm yourselves with purity lest He become angry and you perish in the way, for in a moment His wrath will be kindled; the praises of all who take refuge in Him.